The rain cloth or outer tent of the tent is made of waterproof nylon fabric to resist the infiltration of rainwater. The tent with good waterproofness will stick waterproof glue on the stitching part to increase the waterproofness; the fabric of the main tent or inner tent is not as waterproof as the outer tent. tent, but there will be good ventilation. The ground cloth of the tent, like the outer tent, must be able to prevent moisture from infiltrating from the surface, so the waterproofness of the ground cloth is very necessary, and you must pay attention when choosing.
The tent fabric is mainly divided into three parts: outer tent fabric, inner tent fabric, and bottom tent fabric.
一. The outer account mainly uses five materials: nylon, canvas, TC cloth, sephora, Gore-tex
1. Nylon: The scientific name is polyamide fiber, mainly nylon 66 and nylon 6, which are named as nylon in China, namely nylon 66 and nylon 6. Nylon has strong tension, bright and smooth color, not easy to fade, and soft texture, but also has good strength, not easy to mold, and will not be eaten by insects. It has low hygroscopicity and does not harden in case of freezing. It is the most widely used material at present.
2. Canvas (Oxford): It has strong water resistance, good heat insulation effect, and is not hot under the sun, but the texture is hard and bulky, and it is easy to mold and fade. The economic benefit is not as good as that of nylon, and it has been gradually eliminated.
3. TC cloth: The so-called TC cloth is a blend of T (tetoron) and C (cotton), the warp part is woven with Tedlon, and the weft part is woven with cotton yarn, which is synthesized into TC cloth, so it has the characteristics of both. Grinding, good durability and strength, good air permeability, strong texture, mostly used for large and medium-sized household accounts.
4. Sephora: It is a fabric blended with nylon and rayon, so it has the common characteristics of nylon and rayon after synthesis. The cloth is smooth and has good air permeability, but its durability and strength are not as good as pure nylon. It is mostly used in cold climates, such as in cold weather. In the weather, the tent door must be closed and the water vapor in the tent must be distributed, so as not to be too stuffy or too humid.
5. Gore-tex: It is a product of the latest technology in the United States. It is breathable and waterproof, light in weight, wear-resistant and durable, but it is relatively expensive.
二. The inner tent material is usually made of cotton nylon silk with good air permeability
From the point of view of use, the performance of nylon silk is better than that of cotton. Camping in the wild, tents are easy to absorb moisture, cotton cloth is not easy to dry and easy to mildew, and nylon silk is easy to dry and not easy to mold.
三. The main function of the material at the bottom of the account is waterproof, moisture-proof and dust-proof
The choice of bottom material also determines the grade of the tent. Low-grade tents usually use polyethylene material (PE) as the bottom material, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is also used as the bottom material, and the cost is low. The PE coated on both sides has the functions of waterproof and moisture-proof, but it is easy to wear and leak. Winter is the nemesis of PVC substrates. Cold and dry climates can make them hard, brittle, and prone to creases or breaks. The polyurethane (PU) coated Oxford cloth as the base material greatly exceeds PE and PVC in terms of firmness, cold resistance and waterproofness. PU coating can not only overcome the defects of PVC, but also waterproof. PU with multiple coatings, the waterproof pressure can reach more than 2000MM.